Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Let's Go to the Movies!"

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (or get them out of your capacious memory).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

(1) "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'no'." Pirates of the Caribbean" - Amy

(2) "Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*! " The Incredibles - indigoscot (?)

(3) "I wish I was at a hootenanny in Harlem!"

(4) Oh, no, sir. I'm sorry, sir. I could never answer to a whistle. Whistles are for dogs and cats and other animals, but not for children and definitely not for me. It would be too... humiliating." Sound of Music - Jennifer Anne

(5) "Who are these women? Does anyone know? I don't recognize any of them. I want to see my best friend's big sister, the girls from the soccer team, my next door neighbor, real women who are smart and pretty and happy to be who they are. These are the women to look up to. Let's put life back into the magazine. And fun and laughter and silliness. I think we all - I think all of us - want to feel something that we've forgotten or turned our backs on because maybe we didn't realize how much we were leaving behind. We need to remember what used to be good. If we don't, we won't recognize it even if it hits us between the eyes." 13 Going on 30 - Jennifer Anne

(6) "Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye." Monsters, Inc. - Jennifer Anne

(7) "A sequel. That's it. We'll bring it out on March 25, and we'll call it... Christmas 2!" Santa Claus:The Movie - Jennifer Anne

(8) "You never quit on your music. No matter what happens. Cuz anytime something bad happens to you, that's the one place you can escape to and just let it go. I learned it the hard way. And anyway, look at me. Nothing bad's gonna happen. You gotta have a little faith."

(9) "I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
"Laugh it up, fuzzball. "
The Empire Strikes Back - Jennifer Anne (after guessing Return of the Jedi!...but I am giving it to her just the same)

(10) "Stop a couple of angels from entering and thus negating all existence. I hate when people need it spelled out for them." Dogma - Amy (LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

4. Sound of Music

5. 13 going on 30

6. Monsters Inc

7. Santa Claus: The MOvie
8. School of Rock

Jen said...

#9 is one of those Star Wars movies, I know it's Han Solo talking to Chewie...does that count????

amy said...

#1 - pirates of the carribean!!
#19 - dogma :)

Anonymous said...

2) is the incredibles