Sunday, February 22, 2009

Patrick's letter to his daycare

well...I have to go back to work tomorrow. I am totally not looking forward to it and wish I liked my job so I would WANT to go back to work...nope.

I thought of an idea to write a letter from Patrick to his day care. I know they will get to know him quickly, but I thought why not tell them things they might not find out.

What do you think...too much?



Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dear Jodi and Dorothy-

I know you have already met me, but my mom insisted I write this letter to tell you a little more about me.

As you know, my name is Patrick. My full name is Sanford Patrick James Raymond. I tend to grin when mommy calls me “Patrick James”. I was born in December 18th, my mom and grandma’s favorite Christmas present (they tell me that all the time!)

I LOVE being held and rocked. My mom and grandma whisper in my ear when I get REALLY upset. They whisper a sound that sounds like “SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”. My aunts call me a Snuggle Bug because I like to snuggle up and bury myself into people’s necks – it’s warmer there!

I don’t really have any toys yet. Mom puts me on my tummy-time mat, but lies me on my back because I sleep on my stomach. I like looking at the animals and hitting them with my hands. I tend to kick a lot and make the music play – I love music! (It’s my mom’s fault, she played music for and sang to me when I was inside her…she still does.)

Mom just changed my formula, so I might release some gas when you feed me. I’ll apologize now…it can smell pretty bad. I do like my new formula though!! It’s yummy and as Mom likes to tell me, it makes me poop!! J

I should warn you…I don’t like to nap during the day. Mom tries to put me down, but I am stubborn, I’ll admit it. J I do like having something that smells like my mom with me when I get upset, it helps me sleep. If I know my mom, she has already taken care of that. Maybe once we start playing though, I’ll get tired and sleep more. I am very excited to play with you!!!

Mom is a little upset because we have been spending pretty much every minute together since I was born and she really doesn’t want to go back to work. I only warn you of this because the first couple of weeks, she might come up with reasons to call and ask how I am. I tried to tell her it’s normal, but she won’t listen to me. I guess it’s hard to understand me when all I do is raise my hands and make small sounds J

Well, I guess that is pretty much all I can tell you. I know Mom could go on and on telling you the things I like and dislike, but I keep telling her “Mom…they’ll learn those things. Stop embarrassing me!” again…it’s hard for her to understand me raising my hands.

I am very excited about coming to play with you two and hope you are excited too.

Here’s to a wonderful friendship!
Patrick Raymond




thoughts???

x-posted in a lot of places... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! Love it! He is adorable!

Kimmyann said...

Very nice.