Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"What's in a name?"

So, Ron and I have been "debating" (that's the nice way to say it!) back and forth about what to name the baby. When we didn't know it was a boy, we could not decide on girls' names...but we thought of and loved so many boys' names. However, after MUCH debate and talking...a LOT of talking...we have narrowed it down to 2 names...


Curtis James


and


Brady Curtis


Curtis - is for my grandfather (my dad's father) who died in 2001 (September 12th!). He was my Boppie and my favorite person in the universe.

James - is for Peter Bridges, my voice teacher from New Hampshire who died 2 years ago. I made a promise to myself that if anything happened to Peter and I had a boy that I would try to name my child after him.


Brady - NO...IT'S NOT TOM BRADY!!! It is actually Brady Quinn from the Cleveland Browns.


Brady Curtis is definitely more of a compromise as far as the names are concerned. Ronnie likes Brady - I want Curtis.


Thoughts????


does he LOOK like a Brady?


2 comments:

amy said...

for what its worth, i like brady :) curtis just seems like a "big" name for a little baby to have. i know, i know, he will grow into it... but still. i used to nanny for a little boy named grant and that was just too "big" of a name for such a peanut! :)

Unknown said...

Hello there! I read devy gravity's blog and now your sisters as well! This is the first time at your blog and I wanted to introduce myself. I had a very similar situation happen at the beginning of my pregnancy. Around 9 weeks or so we lost our twin as well. It was so hard, but we were very thankful for our little miracle that was doing so well. We will always remember and miss our twin, but we are just a few weeks away from meeting our son and are so happy!

By the way I like Curtis and like Brady. Brady was one of our ideas at the beginning, but we ended up going with a family name instead.

Stop by my blog sometime! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!!